Saturday, June 26, 2010

Visiting Sudan..!


Shortly, I shall be visiting Sudan, my home country, after almost 20 years..!

I’m not sure how it will look alike; in my own eyes..
However, I’m anxious for the kind-hearted people, the fragrances of tea and coffee, the dust of sandstorms that are followed by rain, the attractions of households with clean bed-sheets.. the smiling shy young-women, the white floods in the mosques, the enthusiasm of football games, the mysterious dusk, the drum-beats in suburban’s, the eye-catching colors of Tubs, the pride of men-in-uniform..!
I know that symptoms of urbanism had invaded many aspects of life, along with greed, politics, corruption and injustice.. Yet, still the same dinner plates that bring all opponents together, all weddings and funerals as well, all hot tempered and prayers too..!!
In Sudan; kids are known with their magical smiles, women are known with gossips and show-off, men are known with being truly men..!!
I had had many wishes 20 years ago, some already became physically true; others yet were not.. Maybe this is about time for them..!
I’m supposedly going for business trip, yet had a growing feeling that it will be more or something else..
Maybe new venture in a fertile resourceful country.. Maybe delivering the knowledge I had; which kept seized within.. Maybe to get reconnected with the people I had lift for long.. Maybe to change my mind and settle there instead of UK (where anti-immigration and narrow opportunities are taking effect).. Maybe to raise a Sudanese kid of mine.. Maybe to build my dream house on the Nile bank with a great garden.. or Maybe walking into a final resting place..!!
No wonder, coincidentally yesterday I had long tele-conversation with my aunts.. whom I had not met for 20 years.. I promised them to come to visit, but never expected to got things wrapped up so quickly..!!
My question: should I take all my controversial thoughts, dreams and facts with me or not..?

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Adil, happily see that you CAN be personal if you want...
    Sudan is a better choice than England, I guess. That culture is really so cold, you would be frozen there. (The Sudan is hot, at least :))
    And your home country needs your open mind, your experiences and your dreams. Take everything with you and give inspirations, show what you carry inside!
    And please, when you take off the plane, say my loving and warm salaam to that beautiful, hot, dusty wind. And give my forever loving thoughts to the Sudan...Thanks! Have a nice journey!
    Salaam:Hana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salaam Hana.. The amount of love and passion you have to Sudan and the people there, is beyond my capacity to carry, nor to convey.. Instead, I shall pray for you to have the right convenient chance to go visiting or staying as long as you want, with no worries, inconveniences or disturbance.. Ameen..
    Certainly, if meant for me to stay over there, I shall be happily inviting and welcoming you with all Sudanese morals and traditions..!

    ReplyDelete