And they are questioning the spreading of corruption..!!
It is simple, yet we tend to complicate things..
This is itself is a corruption..!!
In 2012, anti-corruption stands as a top reform priority in the Arab states region, especially in countries that are undergoing transformations. It is voiced by ordinary people demonstrating in the streets, and acknowledged by policymakers and opinion leaders across the region.
(i) improve the ability of governmental and non-governmental practitioners to design and use anti-corruption assessments;
(ii) support the implementation of UNCAC provisions in accordance with each country’s needs and priorities;
(iii) enable the development of responses to corruption risks in sectors that deliver basic public services; and
(iv) foster dialogue with stakeholders in crisis-affected countries on ways to confront the particularities of anti-corruption challenges in their respective situations.
UNOPS is committed to achieving a truly diverse workforce.
So, what are my views..?
To start with the definition:
“Corruption is an activity which is performed, deliberately hidden from others, precisely aiming to obtain direct or indirect personal gains”
Corruption is carried on by only one or more of these three thresholds:
- Use of the awarded authority to direct executives or affiliates in order to perform in a particular manner.
- Use of personal connections in order to gain a particular favorite status in processing.
- Use of forged and/or fraud information, with insider collaboration, in order to change the course of formal processing.
So, it is all about controls to measure and audit compliances:
- Policies, Frameworks and Guidelines for general processing
- Process Breakers; which aims to staff-shared actions or auto-killer actions
- Precautionary statements of clearance and interest
Therefore; it is more about comprehensive “Design of Processing” rather than setting structures and complexity of doing business..
Now, it is easy to tell how incompetent most of anti-corruption executives, as incapable to correctly design the indented processing..!!
Typical Roles of Units and Staff