Tuesday, November 5, 2013

That's why I profoundly hate Photoshop..!!


 
 
 
Laura Willard
 
Laura Willard wrote:
 
There is the reason that even when I was in really great shape, wore a size 4, and was healthy, it was never good enough for me. All of my logic and intelligence have trouble combatting what I've seen as "perfect" day after day for my entire life.
Well, I want to see more of this. I want to show my daughter, over and over, why the images of so many women she sees aren't realistic. And what I really want is for us to stop turning beautiful women into drawings and passing them off as real.
 
 
 
My honorable architect & friend Eric Kuhn wrote:
 
ENCHANTING TWISTS THAT BELIE BEAUTY:
Beauty has always been outside of life ... cave paintings, manuscripts, paintings, drawings, sculpture, photography, etchings ... all are interpretations of life's aesthetics ... all are models, expectat...ions, and ideals. I've never thought any of these ever disparages the real authenticity of life. Many times, the retouching robs a person of their character and individuality ... and in this theft, reveals what may not have been seen before. Nothing will stop this 'perfecting' being anything but perfect. It homogenises life ... not perfecting it. Look at all the plastic surgeries that have created identical, soulless images. Beauty, at least the beauty that matters to me is what is NOT seen. The greatest artists find a way to reveal this to the world, not conceal it. And, in the process teach the world again and again that our beauty is in our diversity, individuality, eccentricities, and enchanted twists that keep us engaged long after the first encounter.



Statement from Global Democracy
Proposal #9, on December 18th 2011

We all now know that seeing thousands of "perfect" body types in the mass media is having negative affects on young girls and more. Airbrushing as a practice should be discouraged when it transforms otherwise permanent features on models. A "mandatory disclaimer" to state that a model has had her physical body manipulated on a computer is a very simple step in the right direction to addressing the harm that we're causing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment