By Guy Kawasaki
Read these two sets of top ten lies: one of entrepreneurs and one of investors, so that you know what not to say and what not to believe.
Top Ten Lies of Entrepreneurs
- "Our projections are conservative."
- "Jupiter says our market will be $50 billion in ten years."
- "Several Fortune 500 companies are set to do business with us."
- "No one else can do what we're doing."
- "Hurry up because other investors are about to do our deal."
- "Our product will go viral."
- "The large companies in our market are too big, dumb, and slow to compete with us."
- "Our management team is proven."
- "We filed patents so our intellectual property is protected."
- "All we have to do is get 1% of the market."