Wednesday, December 2, 2009

15 Years in Dubai; and Counting..



Today, UAE celebrates the 34th National Day..
It was the 18th, when I landed in Dubai 16 years ago..
During the years, I did not realize what I was losing.. nor what I gained.. Belonging to those "Intellectual Temporary Immigrants" is a very tricky thing..!!
Streets and Places around remind me with efforts and years invested to build something others will be proud of.. You are not allowed to feel the same.. nor to claim it yours..!!
This is the principle difference in such forced Diaspora..
Those ITI had never lift homeland seeking wealth, but opportunity to share their passion to deliver rightful things.. Yet; the little savings they made are much less than their natives back home..
The true merit of saving is not money or assets, but emotional.. You save a relationships for time of need, passion for time of loneliness, and love for time of getting old..
Being here: You are simply: Homeless.. You belong to nowhere..!!
If you may complained; answered: why you came in..?

If a person is sick, hungry or naked: Charities and NGOs will help.. But if Homeless: the entire globe is too small too tight..!!

Homelessness is a state of mind and soul, not body..
It is the forced Diaspora from the places you know..
It is the walk into continuous uncertainty..
It is the endless search for warmth and content..
It is ugliness of being permanent stranger..
It is the unmarked grave awaiting in the middle of nowhere..
It is the optimum challenge to know that life is worthless if you are not a believer..
It is a fate more than 130 million share worldwide..!!
They call them "Temporary Immigrants.."









I do respect a lot the western systems that declared their need for immigrants to maintain the urban civilization they created.. Mostly as Gears n Fuel, occasionally as Operators, and rarely as Planners.. In all levels, your value as a human being, a member of a community, and a tax-payer is fully respected, honored and considered.. Therefore, who had made it into there, are no longer Homeless.. Yet; bitterly, we are..!!

4 comments:

  1. I like the term "Intellectual Temporary Imigrants". It reminds me of the gypsies. We see them as wandering poor people who beg the street and accuse them of witchcraft and steeling children, but in fact they are full with wisdom and culture! The situation here can be questioned as follows: with many expatriates going "out" and many locals going "in" ...who will remain to fill in the large cities built in the Gulf? I guess it is time to import the foriegn species !
    Jehad MAkhoul

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think gypsies are the Migrant Works (MW) as officially defined by ILO/IMO.. They are mostly 80/20 (muscle/brain)who are fueling the gears, accepting unbearable living conditions, and treated or traded like goods.. They are the folks in factories, field work, sweeping streets, cleaning sewage, coffee-boys, also; records clerks, software writers, and traffic policemen..!! They are the unknown heroes that no urbanism or civilization would function without.. They should celebrate those Blue/Gray Collars.. All countries are now trading on them, not only GCC, while there is great global business for it.. The difference is only in legal rights.. Otherwise, GCC is much better and compassionate than western hemisphere in general..!! Demographics of GCC vs. urbanism; make them indispensible.. Only white collars should worry a lot.. and start packing..!! Great Day my Friend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sir for sying this. I did not leave Sudan for "deteriorated life standard'" but rather for me it was in search to serve my country and people better. In fact I creied like a baby when I had to leave knowing that I would not enjoy life again as I have known it with the people I love so much although they are not 100% perfect.
    Now the struggle for me is how to get back and serve better. And I am praying for that.
    Peace
    P.S I meant I did not leave Sudan to flee away from deteriorated life style
    Christopher Umedo Ayeiy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chris.. I can feel your passion, pain and hopes.. Always there will be someway to contribute to the happenings back home.. Always there will be someway, whatsoever, to share building a future there.. If hands can't reach, words can, or at least sincere wishes from the heart.. Best of Luck..

    ReplyDelete