Friday, March 19, 2010

Language


A friend (Awalgak Malwal II) asked: Where's the God dat speaks my mother tongue? The God that speaks the many thousands African languages? If religion is the only salvation, wat then is the Black man’s true religion? Who shall we follow? Why do I always have to borrow a tongue? A tongue that is not mine, a tongue that is defined as divine, therefore superior to my mother tongue.

I answered: Your question reminded me with another; years ago.. What languages God speaks? Following the Linguistic Tree you will find our sole reference to an unknown mother-source of language; which is closer to the current used one of New Guinea..!! it is an ugly and imperfect one..!! I guess the wonderful language of God is inhuman, yet can reach our hearts and senses.. Logically, we need to stop measuring God with our humble humane scale.. We need the language to communicate.. God does not need it.. Yet; He swt communicates with us with something which we do not know.. it is God’s secret..!! Maybe the faithful (in any tongue) would sense or know..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment