Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hafiz.. The Great Shirazi..!

Inspired by Ekhoy: Adam Aba Husain..

Khwajeh Shams al-Din Muhammad Hafez-e Shirazi

Admit something:
Everyone you see, you say to them,
"Love me."
Of course you do not do this out loud;
Otherwise,
Someone would call the cops.
Still though, think about this,
This great pull in us to connect.
Why not become one
Who lives with a full moon in each eye
That is always saying
With that sweet moon
Language
What every other eye in this world
Is dying to
Hear.

----------------------------------------

Once a young woman asked me,
"How does it feel to be a man?"
And I replied,
"My dear,
I am not so sure."
Then she said,
"Well, aren’t you a man?"
And this time I replied,
"I view gender
As a beautiful animal
That people often take for a walk on a leash
And might try to enter in some odd contest
To try to win prizes.
"My dear,
A better question for me
Would have been,
"How does it feel to be a heart?"
For all I know is Love,
And I find my heart Infinite

----------------------------------------

And Everywhere!
What is the difference
Between your Existence
And that of a Saint?
The Saint knows
That the spiritual path
Is a sublime chess game with God
And that the Beloved
Has just made such a Fantastic Move
That the Saint is now continually
Tripping over joy
And Bursting out in Laughter
And saying, "I Surrender!"
Whereas, my dear,
I am afraid you still think
You have a thousand serious moves.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Adil. Yes, Adam inspired me by sharing Hafiz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "How does it feel to be a heart?"

    This is the clue, the answer and the question..!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazingly, Quran tells that hearts think and intellectually act.. It tells that: Only hearts can truly recognize the Mighty Creator swt..!

    Yes, this is not yet proven by science, but proven by the living hearts of all Visionaries, Artists and Sufies..

    Maybe if hearts would rule, replacing the brains; peace would spread all over.. Hearts may feel envy, anger or hatred, but can't abuse, terrorize or kill..!!

    Thanks to Kathleen Wells and Adam Aba-Husain for the inspiration..

    ReplyDelete